Discussion Forums

The forums are open for viewing, but closed to new registrations.

To post or start a new topic you need to be a subscriber or already registered.

Click on a forum name to see the list of topics beneath it. 

Click on a topic name to see the posts and comments.

Bank Account
Last Post 02/05/2014 17:55:14 by Ezikkiel. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ezikkiel

--
30/04/2014 16:57:22
    Hi there, i am very new to the site, ( subbed last night ) and i noticed you were saying that the co-op is a good ethical bank account to have but yet when you search banks, nationwide comes alot higher on the table than co-op. I was just wondering which i should switch to as i am currently with Barclays
    heatheradmin

--
    01/05/2014 10:04:18
    Hi Ezikkiel,

Welcome to Ethical Consumer.

Our report states that Building Societies (Nationwide is one) and Credit Unions score well. They are effectively restricted by law from the kind of controversial investments that Barclays, HSBC etc are criticised for.

Who you bank with is a personal choice, it comes down to what it offers you as a customer and local branches etc. The Move you Money website uses our research but can show you comparisons on what the different banks offer.

We have written a feature piece on the Co-operative Bank and its future. We are also running a campaign called Save Our Bank which aims to keep the ethical policies of the bank under its new ownership.

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/ethi...-bank.aspx

Hope this helps.

Heather
    Ezikkiel

--
    02/05/2014 17:55:14
    Thank you very much for your information I have booked into see someone at my local Nationwide bank to switch over. Another one bites the dust!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

30 day trial subscription

Customisable ethical ratings for over 40,000 companies, brands and products, plus Ethical Consumer Magazine. The simple way to shop with confidence.

Discover more