Discussion Forums

The forums are open for viewing, but closed to new registrations.

To post or start a new topic you need to be a subscriber or already registered.

Click on a forum name to see the list of topics beneath it. 

Click on a topic name to see the posts and comments.

Ethical yes, but still competent?
Last Post 03/10/2015 20:01:15 by GLowe19. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
markeymark

--
03/12/2014 11:52:42
    I moved my money to the top-rated financial institutions in the best-buys of EC...but two of them, Triodos and Co-op have not met my expectations in terms of competence...especially Triodos who have not replied to emails for weeks despite their assurances and when I went to open an account at the actual bank in Bristol they could not even find me an advisor to help me with opening an account...it was deplorable. Co-op Bank let me down 6 times in one year and I ended up writing to the CEO for redress I got so fed up of the mistakes they made with my account. Maybe EC should survey those to see if ethical businesses offer a better service. Ecology Building Society and Charity Bank have both been marvelous, no bad word against either..but being ethical clearly does not mean being competent...such a shame.
    heatheradmin

--
    08/12/2014 12:41:49
    Hi Markeymark,

Thank you for your post. Its such a shame (and annoying) when the companies we recommend do not deliver in terms of service. It would be interesting to look at customer service ratings among ethical businesses as this may be an area where which needs improving.

Kind regards,

Heather
    GLowe19

--
    03/10/2015 20:01:15
    To balance ... I have used Triodos for the last few years, and have found them very good - no problems with their customer service by email (I've not been to visit them in person).
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

30 day trial subscription

Customisable ethical ratings for over 40,000 companies, brands and products, plus Ethical Consumer Magazine. The simple way to shop with confidence.

Discover more