Discussion Forums

The forums are open for viewing, but closed to new registrations.

To post or start a new topic you need to be a subscriber or already registered.

Click on a forum name to see the list of topics beneath it. 

Click on a topic name to see the posts and comments.

Speedyhen
Last Post 26/02/2015 17:01:16 by carolbeck. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
carolbeck

--
25/02/2015 21:41:41
    Do you have any information on how Speedyhen.com rates ethically?

They sell books, e-books, DVDs, CDs, vinyl etc. and my experience with them has been excellent. From what I can see, they are a privately owned UK-based company.
    heatheradmin

--
    26/02/2015 15:38:44
    Hi Carol,

Thank you for your suggestion of Speedyhen.com - unfortunetly we dont have any information about this company. I had a brief look on their website and found this statement

"By purchasing a product from us, you may transact with either Speedy Hen Ltd (SHL) or Speedy Hen LLC (SHLLC) The SHL product comes from the UK and SHLLC product comes from the US. Your order is an offer to buy from SHL. After you have placed your order we will send you an email to let you know whether you will be transacting with either SHL or SHLLC for the particular product... Goods sold by SHLLC by way of personal import are sold under the Low Value Consignment Relief scheme and should not be subject to customs duties when you import them from the US to the UK. They can only be dispatched to UK & Channel Islands."

I cant find anything about the company SHLLC which makes me suspicious but I have found no evidence of wrong doing.

Maybe if you have brought something from the company you could look to see what address is on the receipt?

Kind regards,

Heather
    carolbeck

--
    26/02/2015 17:01:16
    Thanks, Heather!

I've ordered books from them a few times. The address at the top of the invoice is the registered SHL London address. Can't say I remember seeing any reference to SHLLC in printed or email correspondence - the order confirmation emails are just regular 'thanks for placing an order' type messages. Orders have arrived very quickly (1-2 days) so presumably have originated in the UK.

That's been my experience, at least!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

30 day trial subscription

Customisable ethical ratings for over 40,000 companies, brands and products, plus Ethical Consumer Magazine. The simple way to shop with confidence.

Discover more