Discussion Forums

The forums are open for viewing, but closed to new registrations.

To post or start a new topic you need to be a subscriber or already registered.

Click on a forum name to see the list of topics beneath it. 

Click on a topic name to see the posts and comments.

Lauren Pope's Clothing Range
Last Post 31/03/2015 09:27:56 by heatheradmin. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
evejanelucille

--
26/03/2015 11:38:40
    Hi there, I wonder if you can provide clarity on something… I have contacted the clothing company http://www.inthestyle.com/ which sells a line of clothing I like, which is from Lauren Pope. I asked them to provide me information on where exactly the clothes were manufactured, which company. They replied to my email with the fact that they are made in Guangzhou, China. So I asked for the specific company name, and they said they were unable to provide this information.

Do you have any idea as to why this would be? Whether they have some kind of obligation to provide the information, or any thoughts on this? Thanks.
    heatheradmin

--
    31/03/2015 09:27:56
    Hi Evejanelucille,

Thank you for your post. Companies don't have to provide any information on where they manufacture their products. Most will say it is commercially sensitive.

Lauren Pope doesn't appear to have its own website for the clothes. It would be useful to know if they have a supplier code of conduct which guarantees workers' rights.

Have a look at our clothing guide which explains some of the issues within the clothing industry which we look at.

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/ethi...ustry.aspx

Best wishes,

Heather
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

30 day trial subscription

Customisable ethical ratings for over 40,000 companies, brands and products, plus Ethical Consumer Magazine. The simple way to shop with confidence.

Discover more