Discussion Forums

The forums are open for viewing, but closed to new registrations.

To post or start a new topic you need to be a subscriber or already registered.

Click on a forum name to see the list of topics beneath it. 

Click on a topic name to see the posts and comments.

Trans Pacific Partnership
Last Post 16/06/2015 10:45:15 by heatheradmin. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative

11/06/2015 08:55:43
    Just to show how both the TPP and the TTIP are loaded in favour of industries.

"Freedom of Information work from IP Watch has brought about the release of a pile of e-mails detailing relations between the US Trade Representative and various industry lobbies that have been wish-listing the Trans Pacific Partnership process.

Although often heavily redacted, the e-mails let slip the occasional gems – such as when Jim DeLisi of Fanwood Chemical is pleasantly “surprised” to find that that USTR had used “our rules” to draft rules of origin in the agreement."

The Register

16/06/2015 10:45:15
    Hi Dieseltaylor,

Thank you for the link.

Sadly it doesn't surprise me that industry lobby groups are involved in these negotiations as the new trade regulations are designed to benefit their companies not people or the environment. I bet even the companies are surprised at how much input they are able to have.

I found this stakeholders map the other month which lists companies position on TTIP according to the British government.

Bets wishes,

You are not authorized to post a reply.

30 day trial subscription

Customisable ethical ratings for over 40,000 companies, brands and products, plus Ethical Consumer Magazine. The simple way to shop with confidence.

Discover more