Discussion Forums

The forums are open for viewing, but closed to new registrations.

To post or start a new topic you need to be a subscriber or already registered.

Click on a forum name to see the list of topics beneath it. 

Click on a topic name to see the posts and comments.

Ratings system
Last Post 13/08/2015 20:42:49 by nick3991. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
nick3991

--
13/08/2015 20:34:34
    Hi I am doing a dissertation on how ethical companies are in food retail and banks and looking at what factors influence if a company is ethical. ie a key theme is who owns the company, what market type they are aimed at and the individuals and history behind the company.

Obviously being a member of this website has provided me with a wealth of material in writing this piece. However to be able to use the ratings you do on companies and also for my own interest I would appreciate more information on your methodology.
    I understand each positive and negative story on each factor affects the company but how do you determine by how much? Is it a simple addition system or more of a subjective model in terms of you rate how bad or good the story is.

Thanks any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

ps if any of that didnt make sense please let me know, or if you have any bright ideas then I would be keen to hear that to
    nick3991

--
    13/08/2015 20:42:49
    Also within each category it would be interesting how you clearly define each factor like supply chain management as that could encompass a vast ammount of information or could be narrowed down, depending if its on policy or examples of treatment of the supply chain.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

30 day trial subscription

Customisable ethical ratings for over 40,000 companies, brands and products, plus Ethical Consumer Magazine. The simple way to shop with confidence.

Discover more