Discussion Forums

The forums are open for viewing, but closed to new registrations.

To post or start a new topic you need to be a subscriber or already registered.

Click on a forum name to see the list of topics beneath it. 

Click on a topic name to see the posts and comments.

Vegetarian burger/sausage guide
Last Post 09/08/2016 08:12:25 by helensteiner091. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
AlysonT

--
25/04/2016 20:45:20
    Great to have an article on the different meat-free sausage and burger options. Personally I like nut/bean or tofu varietys myself, but my partner loves, and always has over 20 years, the Vegetarian Choice products. They are a small UK firm, they make three varieties, they are excellent value (£1.30 for a pack of 4 or 5) and they should be in your product guide!!

I can't believe you've missed them off! They are stocked the local health shops round here and are also online see:

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi.../VEGT.html

Please can you review and add them to your online version, even though it's too late for the print and e-copy.

Thanks
    Alyson
    Georgina

--
    26/04/2016 12:52:35
    The researcher of the guide has passed on this message:

Hi Alyson,

Great that you like our guide on meat free burgers!

We didn't cover Vegetarian Choice as they are a bit small - I can't find
    a company website, and I think they may be just sold in certain areas as
    I've never seen them in the shops round here.

Unfortunately we don't have the resources to cover everything, but we
    always try to cover the main ones in each market.

Thanks, Josie (author of the guide)
    AlysonT

--
    01/05/2016 11:38:53
    Hi Georgina
    THanks for replying, they're not that small, they just don't have a website. They're stocked onthe Goodness Direct UK website that delivers across the UK, and so can be bought by anyone in the UK. They are more available then the 'Veggies.co.uk' brand which came top which is only availabe around Nottingham or SHeffield according to the guide! They are stocked in at least one of the health shops is a very small town in west Wales, I'm sure they're available elsewhere!

I appreciate that you can't research everyone, but I provide their contact details from their packets will you at least contact them please?

Perhaps as an aside, do you only use website information or contact companies directly? I've just finished reading the magazine and a few companies are marked down because 'no information about X policy is on the website' - were companies asked directly for the info?

THanks
    Alyhson
    JosieW

--
    09/05/2016 10:19:17
    Hi Alyso,n

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only work half time.

We contact all the companies that we write about, but if they don't reply then we use the material that is publicly available on their website and in other places.

You are right that Veggies are very small – to be honest I didn't realise that their products weren't sold nationally when I started researching them or we might not have covered them. I live in Sheffield and so I am used to seeing them in the shops!

I can make a note that we should try to cover Vegetarian Choice next time we cover veggie burgers, but we've now moved onto looking at a new market for the next magazine, so I'm afraid that it is too late to do them now. We do sometimes do screenings of companies out of order but we have to charge for that as it is additional work on top of our work for the magazine.

Thanks, Josie
    Ingavdh

--
    03/06/2016 03:52:14
    you could add them to the ethical directory maybe? or get a representative from the company to do it? it will link to it from the product guide page i think
    Ingavdh

--
    03/06/2016 03:54:40
    you could add them to the ethical directory maybe? or get a representative from the company to do it? it will link to it from the product guide page i think http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/shop...ctory.aspx
    jamesjohnson5551

--
    21/06/2016 11:27:39
    Hi,

I really liked it very much.
    helensteiner091

--
    09/08/2016 08:12:25
    Good to have this post on the dissimilar meat-free sausage and burger choices. In my opinion I like nut/bean or tofu varieties myself, but my spouse likes, and continually has over 20 years, the Vegetarian High-quality foodstuffs. http://www.midnightessays.com/buy-c...arch-paper
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

30 day trial subscription

Customisable ethical ratings for over 40,000 companies, brands and products, plus Ethical Consumer Magazine. The simple way to shop with confidence.

Discover more