Discussion Forums

The forums are open for viewing, but closed to new registrations.

To post or start a new topic you need to be a subscriber or already registered.

Click on a forum name to see the list of topics beneath it. 

Click on a topic name to see the posts and comments.

Alternative Hedonism - Participants for Student Dissertation
Last Post 01/01/1900 00:00:00 by . 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

28/06/2016 12:13:48
    Hi everyone,

I’m a postgraduate student from the University of Manchester. For my dissertation I’m exploring the potential tensions ethical consumers may experience in the context of pleasurable aspects of consumption. I would like to uncover the means ethical consumers employ to enjoy the marketplace while sticking with their principles.

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to make difficult decisions in the marketplace due to ethical concerns?
    • When the marketplace is full of things that excite you yet contradict your ethical principles, what do you do?

I would like to find people who are willing to share their personal consumption experiences with me via an approximately hour-long interview
    I’m trying to find adults over the age of 18, and are able to meet up in Manchester. Any gender/ethnicity are welcome.
    If you are unable to share your stories in person, but would be able to contribute via email please let me know and I will send you a small number of open ended questions to answer.

I appreciate you reading my post; any help you can give will be very much appreciated!

Please contact me at wen-yuan.tsai@postgrad.mbs.ac.uk
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

30 day trial subscription

Customisable ethical ratings for over 40,000 companies, brands and products, plus Ethical Consumer Magazine. The simple way to shop with confidence.

Discover more