Discussion Forums

The forums are open for viewing, but closed to new registrations.

To post or start a new topic you need to be a subscriber or already registered.

Click on a forum name to see the list of topics beneath it. 

Click on a topic name to see the posts and comments.

The vote to leave the EU
Last Post 01/07/2016 09:02:15 by dieseltaylor. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Tim Hunt
ECRA STAFF

--
30/06/2016 11:07:34
    As we chart a path through the chaotic aftermath of the EU referendum vote, we'd like to hear your views on the likely impacts on ethical consumption and the direction we should be taking as a consumer movement.

You'll also be able to debate the issue face to face at our conference later this year.
    Find out more on our conference page:
    www.ethicalconsumer.org/home/ethicalconsumerconference2016.aspx

We have published our response to the referendum result here:
    www.ethicalconsumer.org/latestnews/entryid/2043/response-to-the-vote-to-leave-the-eu.aspx
    Joshsa

--
    30/06/2016 16:17:29
    Brexit has caused much uncertainty. What happens to the campaign against TTIP? Is this trade deal no longer a threat to the UK or will it still have an impact on our trade?

It is hard to guess at the moment, particularly when it seems no-one has a clue what's going on.

FloLight

--
    30/06/2016 16:49:13
    Absolute disaster. I am very worried about the impact this will have on animal welfare. I will be interested to hear your views on this at the conference.

Lets hope we will have some more clarity by September!

dieseltaylor

--
    01/07/2016 09:02:15
    There is an upside at least regarding patent trolling:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/0...nd_brexit/

Another possible upside is that peopel across the EU may value their vote more and be more critical of their leadership and of the EU excesses. I am referring to Juncker the architect of the Luxembourg fiddle of corporate tax to the detriment of neighbouring EU countries.

That there will be a better EU again within 50 years I have no doubt. Unfortunately the EU's current call for its own army continue to be a concern.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

30 day trial subscription

Customisable ethical ratings for over 40,000 companies, brands and products, plus Ethical Consumer Magazine. The simple way to shop with confidence.

Discover more