Discussion Forums

The forums are open for viewing, but closed to new registrations.

To post or start a new topic you need to be a subscriber or already registered.

Click on a forum name to see the list of topics beneath it. 

Click on a topic name to see the posts and comments.

Electricity meters
Last Post 17/02/2017 07:35:53 by Masseytruth. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
philentwistle

--
13/08/2016 08:55:58
    I've had solar panels for 6 years and the meter has always gone in reverse when we don't use all the electricity we generate. Now my supplier has noticed this and installed a new meter, which only goes one way. I have two issues with this:
    (1) It's now impossible to know how much electricity we use - because the meters record the same whether we use what we generate or not;
    (2) There's no record of our contribution to the grid - so who is getting the electricity and how is it accounted for?
    I'm not concerned about the money - the increase in our bills will be quite small - but in my view it's the two-way meter that gives the true measure. Do others agree?
    Masseytruth

--
    17/02/2017 07:35:53
    Economy 7 or White Meter meters have two displays with readings for daytime and night energy use. The display marked 'low' or 'night' shows how many units of off-peak electricity you've used. The display marked 'normal' or 'day' shows how many units of peak electricity you have used. Good question keeps up posting such great post. You can use this [url=http://www.clazwork.com]website[/url] for any kind of writing information.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

30 day trial subscription

Customisable ethical ratings for over 40,000 companies, brands and products, plus Ethical Consumer Magazine. The simple way to shop with confidence.

Discover more