Is ethical finance possible?
Free Manchester Event Monday 26th November
Ethical Consumer is co-hosting an event this coming monday in Manchester called “is Ethical Finance Possible?”
We've got a great panel of speakers looking at the question: "Can moving our money to mutuals help solve the banking crisis and make the world more sustainable?"
The event is FREE and it runs from 7.00pm to 9.00pm on Monday 26th November at the Anthony Burgess Centre, Engine House, Chorlton Mill, 3 Cambridge Street, Manchester, M1 5BY
The current panel is as follows:
- Louis Brooke from Move Your Money UK – on the growth of the UK's newest consumer banking protest campaign
- Giles Simon from Co-operatives UK – on mutual finance and campaigning outside the UK
- Rob Harrison from Ethical Consumer - on campaigning to change bank behaviour – from South Africa to Cluster Munitions
- Chris Mills from the Co-operative Bank - speaking about the growth of the ethical banking sector
- Craig Lumsden, expert on co-operatives – speaking about the potential solutions offered by Credit Unions
Join the discussion, question the panel, or contribute from the floor. A lively discussion on one of most pressing political issues of the day.
Refreshments Provided. Please Arrive 6.30 for a 7.00pm start.
The event is bought to you by Co-operative Group Membership in association with Ethical Consumer. Do please confirm attendance if possible at: