Audio: October 2015 Taxcast
New and views from the Tax Justice Network
In the October 2015 Tax Justice Network Podcast:
- The 'remittance cartel' and their 'taxing of the poor' with monopoly prices in a juicy $450-500 billion market.
- 'Comfort letters' and the game changing European Commission ruling that the tax agreements between Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Fiat and Starbucks constitute illegal state aid.
- We analyse the rich country club of the OECD's BEPS proposals for reform of the global corporate tax system: will it really address corporate tax avoidance and evasion?
- John Christensen of the Tax Justice Network
- Economist, lawyer and senior Tax Justice Network advisor James Henry
- Somalian wife and mother Shamso Abdullahi (interviewed by CCTV Africa)
- Pope Francis
Produced and presented by @Naomi_Fowler for the Tax Justice Network.
Find out more about Ethical Consumer's tax justice campaign here