Worst EU Lobbying Awards 2008
Vote now for the annual award for deceptive, manipulative or unethical lobbying.
This year you can vote in two categories:
1. The 'Worst EU Lobbying' Award for the lobbyist, company or lobby group that in 2008 has employed the most deceptive, misleading, or otherwise problematic lobbying tactics in their attempts to influence EU decision-making.
2. The special 'Worst Conflict of Interest' Award for the MEP, Commissioner or Commission official whose background, side-jobs or other liaisons with special interests raise the most serious concerns about their ability to act in public interest.
Select your winners now in both categories and cast your vote at http://www.worstlobby.eu
The nominees for the 2008 Worst EU Lobbying Award are:
* the Agrofuels lobby (MPOC, Unica and Abengoa) for greenwashing agrofuels;
* European Alliance for Access to Safe Medicine for hiding the involvement of big pharma;
* European Business and Parliament Scheme for EP indoors lobbying;
* Gplus and Aspect Consulting for spreading war propaganda;
* the airline lobby IATA for deceptions to avoid CO2 reduction obligations.