Who's best for your Christmas food shopping?
Find out in our new buyers' guide to supermarkets
As the festive season looms, we have just published a buyers' guide to supermarkets and convenience stores which covers:
- a total of 19 retailers
- the big 7 - ASDA, Co-op, M&S, Waitrose, Morrisons, Sainsbury's and Tesco
- 12 other shops - Budgens, Booth's, SPAR, ALDI, Londis, McColl's, Lidl, Costcutter, Premier, Netto, Iceland, Farmfoods
The guide includes a unique comparison of the companies' policies on ethical issues such as animal welfare and workers' rights.
Plus there is comment from selected supermarkets, alternative retailers and campaigners working in the sector.
Check it out before you do your Christmas food shopping. Download the buyers' guide now as a pdf for £3. See the press release.
The pdf includes:
- all the stories from our database that we used to rate the brands
- details of company ownership and full contact details
- live links to all the websites in the report
Alternatively, subscribe to Ethical Consumer and as part of your subscription you'll get the Supermarkets buyer's guide in the latest magazine which also includes a buyer's guide to Jewellery. Plus, your subscription gives you online access to these all buyer's guides and over 180 others, all with ratings that are updated daily and can be customised to fit in with your values.
Introductory offer price of just £29.95 a year (normally £34) - cancel at any time in the first four weeks for a full refund!
"Ethical Consumer is a real inspiration and a helpful guide to an increasingly complex world!"
Mrs Barker, Exeter