Is your furniture made from illegally-logged wood?
We name the most sustainable furniture shops and garden furniture
Choosing furniture presents consumers with some tough ethical issues - forests, finance, factory farming and forced labour.
Our Buyers' Guide to furniture shops includes:
- ethical and environmental ratings for 27 Furniture Shops and 24 Garden Furniture Shops throughout the UK
- Best Buy recommendations
- profiles of selected companies
- whether to buy new or second hand
- unique comparison of companies' wood sourcing policies
- which is the greenest type of wood to buy
- what all the wood labels mean
- green furniture directory
- the global timber trade
- the carbon cost of different materials
Download the Buyers' Guide now as a pdf for £3 (free to subscribers).
The pdf includes:
- all the stories from our database that we used to rate the brands
- details of company ownership and full contact details
Alternatively, subscribe to Ethical Consumer and as part of your subscription you'll get the Furniture Shop Buyers' Guide in the latest magazine which also includes a Buyers' Guide to sweets.
Plus, your subscription gives you online access to these buyer's guides and over 180 others, all with ratings that are updated daily and can be customised to fit in with your values.
Introductory offer price of just £29.95 a year - cancel at any time in the first four weeks for a full refund!
"Ethical Consumer is a real inspiration and a helpful guide to an increasingly complex world!"
Mrs Barker, Exeter
"A great source of information for concerned citizens and campaigners alike."