Our Ethical Directory
Promote your business to a wide audience of ethical consumers.
At Ethical Consumer we have always had a policy of not giving editorial links to commercial organisations. For smaller ethical companies which don't get covered in our product guides, there was no way to promote themselves, and no way for our readers to find them.
After many requests from both business and our subscribers we're glad to now provide this Directory.
1) Each listing includes direct links to your website from the Directory in whichever category is most relevant. These links are followed, and so pass link authority to your website.
2) You can select a relevant Product Guide page on which to appear. These are high traffic pages where users are actively researching what to buy.
3) If you are a small ethical business a subscription to Ethical Consumer provides you with not only a listing, but a wealth of supply chain information on products, brands and the companies behind them.
Adding your listing
If you are not yet a subscriber but are interested in making a directory entry, you can subscribe here for £29.95 and also get instant access to our product and company data, magazine and complete research archive.
If you are already a subscriber just:
- sign in, and click the Edit Profile link in the top left of the screen
- click on the purple Subscriber Directory Edit arrow
- add your Business Name
- add a Business Description of up to 140 characters
- add the Website Address (if you have one)
- select an Associated Sector - the section of the Directory your listing will appear in
- select an Associated Report - the Product Guide your listing will appear on
- click Update
Approving your listing
Listings are vetted by staff at Ethical Consumer before going live. We will normally need to understand what ethical goal your business is seeking to achieve in order to approve an entry.
We aim to process these within 7 days. You'll be notified when your listing goes live, or if there is a problem with it.