Join thousands of others and become an ethical consumer today.
We are an independent, not-for-profit, multi-stakeholder co-operative with open membership.
At the heart of the ethical consumer movement, since 1989.
We are an independent, not-for-profit, multi-stakeholder co-operative with open membership, based in Manchester.
We provide all the tools and resources you need to make choices at the checkout simple, informed and effective.
Includes guides to: Cars & electric cars, Bicycles & e-bikes, Travel booking companies
The latest magazine includes guides rating:
- Cars & electric cars
- Bicycles & e-bikes
- Travel booking companies
- score tables rating and comparing the brands
- Best Buy recommendations
- which electric car scores the best?
- should I buy a hybrid car?
- what to do if I can't buy electric now
- e-bike or mechanical bike?
- the problems of the minerals used in electric batteries
- how to get more women riding bicycles
- the problem of holiday homes and tourism
- Airbnb and its alternatives
- how to choose destinations reachable by train, coach and ferry
Feature articles on:
- transport options compared on climate - bike vs bus vs train vs car vs plane
- is Big Oil serious about tackling climate change?
Issue 197 (July/August 2022) now in print and online.
- Finding an ethical and environmental car, including electric cars and hybrids. We rank 39 brands of cars. We look at the carbon impact of different types of cars, the cost and range of electric cars, shine a spotlight on Tesla, and give our recommended buys.Read more
- Ethical and environmental rankings for 29 travel booking companies. We look at the carbon impact of flying and alternatives, accommodation eco-labels, the impact of holiday homes (including Airbnb), alternative sustainable holiday options, shine a spotlight on TUI and make Best Buy recommendations.Read more
More from Ethical Consumer
In this guide, we investigate, score and rank the ethical and environmental record of 44 high-street brands We also look at the problem with fast-fashion, workers' rights, shine a light on the ethics of Boohoo and Shein, and give some recommended buys.Read more about High Street Clothes Shops
Is there an ethical bank? Rating the ethical and environmental record of 32 UK current accounts, with recommended buys. We also look at app-based banking, which banks own which brands, fossil fuel investments, tax avoidance, and how to switch accounts.Read more about Ethical Bank Accounts
We investigate, score and rank the ethical and environmental record of 17 electricity and gas suppliers. We look at the fuels that generate a supplier's electricity, green tariffs, renewable generation, biogas and 'vegan' energy, smart meters, energy prices and fuel poverty, UK renewables targets and give our recommended buys.Read more about Ethical Energy Suppliers
Finding ethical and eco friendly outdoor clothing and sports shops. We rank the ethical and environmental record of 11 brands of outdoor clothing and equipment shops. We look at their policies on synthetic materials and toxic chemicals, animal rights and workers' rights. We also look at own-brand labels, and shine a spotlight on Sports Direct.Read more about Outdoor clothing shops
Sign up now to our weekly e-newsletter and receive a free digital issue of Ethical Consumer magazine. All the information and inspiration you need to revolutionise the way you shop, save and live.Read more about Free digital issue of Ethical Consumer magazine, sign up now