Join thousands of others and become an ethical consumer today.
We are an independent, not-for-profit, multi-stakeholder co-operative with open membership.
At the heart of the ethical consumer movement, since 1989.
We are an independent, not-for-profit, multi-stakeholder co-operative with open membership, based in Manchester.
We provide all the tools and resources you need to make choices at the checkout simple, informed and effective.
Includes guides to: Meat-free products, Plant Milk, Vegan Cheese
The latest magazine includes guides rating:
- Vegan alternatives to meat
- Plant milk
- Vegan cheese
- score tables rating and comparing the brands
- Best Buy recommendations
- why meat and dairy is bad for animals and the environment
- which meat and dairy companies make vegan products?
- which meat-free brands score best for deforestation-free soya?
- plant milk cartons vs dairy milk plastic bottles
- 3 easy steps for ditching dairy cheese
- concern over corporate tax avoidance rising
- the latest boycott news
Feature article on:
- Amazon earning millions from UK universities
Issue 198 (Sept/Oct 2022) now in print and online.
- Ethical and environmental rankings for 26 vegan plant milk brands. We look into the sustainability of plant milks, including almond, coconut, hemp, rice and soya; packaging and who produces them. We shine a spotlight on Alpro, owned by Danone, and make Best Buy recommendations.Read more
- Ethical and environmental rankings of 17 vegan cheese brands. We look at non-vegan companies making vegan cheese, ethical and environmental issues of the key ingredients of vegan cheese, shine a spotlight on the ethics of Violife's owner KKR and give our Best Buy recommendations.Read more
More from Ethical Consumer
Ethical and environmental rankings for 29 travel booking companies. We look at the carbon impact of flying and alternatives, accommodation eco-labels, the impact of holiday homes (including Airbnb), alternative sustainable holiday options, shine a spotlight on TUI and make Best Buy recommendations.Read more about Travel booking companies
Is there an ethical bank? Rating the ethical and environmental record of 32 UK current accounts, with recommended buys. We also look at app-based banking, which banks own which brands, fossil fuel investments, tax avoidance, and how to switch accounts.Read more about Ethical Bank Accounts
We investigate, score and rank the ethical and environmental record of 17 electricity and gas suppliers. We look at the fuels that generate a supplier's electricity, green tariffs, renewable generation, biogas and 'vegan' energy, smart meters, energy prices and fuel poverty, UK renewables targets and give our recommended buys.Read more about Ethical Energy Suppliers
Ranking the ethical and environmental record of 38 brands of outdoor clothing and gear. We look at the environmental impact of synthetic materials and toxic chemicals, animal rights and workers' rights. We also look at repair options for a more sustainable approach.Read more about Ethical outdoor clothing
Sign up now to our weekly e-newsletter and receive a free digital issue of Ethical Consumer magazine. All the information and inspiration you need to revolutionise the way you shop, save and live.Read more about Free digital issue of Ethical Consumer magazine, sign up now