Brecon Carreg's Sustainability Report dated June 2016 was downloaded from its breconwater.co.uk website. It referred to Spadel Group in the report rather than just to the activities of Brecon Waters in the UK.
It contained several targets for 2020:
* As all Spadel sites, Brecon Carreg has received the “CO 2 Neutral” label for its neutrality on scope 1 and 2. The target for 2020 remains the same: To achieve the full carbon emissions neutrality for scope 1, 2 and 3
* Water footprint = 1.6 litre to produce one litre of bottled water
Specific actions inlcuded:
* reduced the amount of energy used to produce one litre of bottled water by 34% over the last 10 years
* In the last 15 years we have reduced the weight of our packaging by 30%
* through logistics it has reduced the amount of delivery vehicle journeys
* reduced the carbon footprint by 20% between 2010 and 2015 thanks to our own efforts (15%), while the remainder (5%) was gained by using compensation from carbon offsetting
* Spa bottles are made from 40% recycled plastic
Ecovadis, as a third party, assesses the sustainability endeavors of all its strategic suppliers.
Sustainability Report (June 2016)