In March 2020 Ethical Consumer sent Reckitt Benckiser a questionnaire, asking for details of the company's enviornmental management. The company replied with some details, and linked to its website and its RB Sustainability Insights 2018 report.
These included several dated and quantified future environmental targets.
- GHG products - 1/3 reduction in CO2 footprint by 2020 using 2012 as a baseline
- GHG manufacturing - 40% reduction in CO2 emissions by 2020 using 2012 as a baseline
- Water products - 1/3 reduction in water impact by 2020 using 2012 as a baseline
- Water manufacturing - 35% reduction in water consumption by 2020 using 2012 as a baseline
- Waste - 2020 target to 20% reduction over 2012 baseline
The company had discussions on its Greenhouse Gas emissions broken down into products and manufacturing; it did the same for its water usage; waste, transportation and natural resources. It was considered to have a reasonable understanding of its main environmental impacts, except that it had received a worst rating for toxics.
The report included an assurance report from Ernst & Young LLP.
As the company got our worst rating for its toxic chemicals policy, it was not able to receive a best rating for Environmental Reporting. Overall Reckitt Benckiser received Ethical Consumer's middle rating for environmental reporting.
Questionnaire response March 2020 (30 March 2020)