Ethical Consumer has been helping people challenge corporate power since 1989.
We are the UK's leading alternative consumer organisation, uncovering the truth behind the brand names and supporting the growth of the ethical market.
- Ethical Consumer is a not-for-profit, multi-stakeholder co-operative, dedicated to the promotion of universal human rights, environmental sustainability and animal welfare.
- We produce independent research into the social and environmental records of companies, and to inform the development of ethical consumerism.
- Our funding comes entirely from our readers' subscriptions, adverts from ethically vetted companies and consultancy work for campaign groups and ethical organisations.
Ethical Consumer Magazine - the UK's leading alternative consumer magazine, published 6 times a year. This available as a paper copy delivered to your door or as a digital download.
See a sample pdf.
Ethical Consumer website – has over 180 product guides and is updated with all the latest reports.
- product ethical ratings are updated daily from our database
- additional brands to magazine reports are covered and new brands added
- score tables tell the stories behind the ratings
- is animal rights your issue, or are worker's rights your priority? customise the ratings to reflect your key concerns
See a sample, fully accessible product guide.
Corporate Critic Database – a unique online service for researching the social, ethical and environmental records of over 50,000 companies worldwide. Corporate Critic provides access to Ethical Consumers full database, a unique resource of twenty years research, continually updated.
We are a member of INK (Independent News Collective), an association of radical and alternative publishers. INK publications cover issues of social, political and personal change; issues which are often neglected by the mainstream media.
Research and consultancy
We undertake research for campaign groups and ethically-minded organisations. Clients include Amnesty International, Christian Aid, the Co-operative Bank and International Consumer Research & Testing.
Ethical Consumer is the trading name of:
Ethical Consumer Research Association Ltd
Company Registration Number 30575 R
VAT Number 519643136.