Terms and Conditions for Subscribers and for visitors to www.ethicalconsumer.org
Ethical Consumer Research Association Ltd will hereinafter be referred to as 'ECRA'.
Welcome to the terms and conditions for www.ethicalconsumer.org. These terms and conditions explain your rights and obligations which apply to both subscribers and all visitors to the site. Please read them carefully as your continued use of this website indicates that you accept these terms and conditions. Please contact us with any enquiries, comments or complaints.
1. Within 7 to 10 days of receiving your sign up details, you will receive your first copy of Ethical Consumer print magazine. Please contact us at the address below if it appears to be taking longer.
If you have checked the box 'Don't send me the print magazine. I'm happy to read the PDF copies on the subscriber website' you will receive an email notifying you that a new copy of the print magazine has been uploaded to the ethiscore website each time a new issue is published.
2. You can cancel at any time in the first 30 days for a full refund by emailing email@example.com or phoning us on 0161 226 2929.
You may also cancel you subscription at any stage during the year for a refund proportional to the amount of time left to run on your subscription.
3. Your website access is set to end on the same day (e.g. the 15th) in the following year.
We will send renewal reminders to you letting you know when this will happen and inviting you to renew.
You may also renew at any time on the website by following the links to 'your account'. Where no renewal payment is made, access will automatically expire at the end of the subscription period.
4. Your subscription includes 365 days access to Full Tables, Story Details and Company Pages for all the Product Guides on the website. It also allows you to freely download all the PDF Reports and PDF copies of Back Issues of the magazine available.
If you have a valid, current, paid-up subscription and, for some reason, you are unable to access these facilities please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning us on 0161 226 2929.
5. Your subscription also includes the facility to enter details onto our Subscriber Ethical Business Directory. Entries only become live on the site once they have been accepted by an administrator at ECRA - normally within 7 days. ECRA reserves the right to refuse any Subscriber Directory entry for any reason. Only one directory entry per subscription is possible.
6. As part of receiving free access to certain areas of the site and web tools, Registered Users who are not subscribers agree to receive regular marketing emails from Ethical Consumer exclusively. ECRA will not share your email address with any other organisation without first asking for and gaining your express consent.
7. ECRA offers web access to www.ethicalconsumer.org via computer server facilities located in Manchester, UK. ECRA reserves the right to make modifications and improvements to the said services and notice of substantial changes will be supplied to subscribers.
8. www.ethicalconsumer.org may be searched 24 hours a day and seven days a week. However, due to the inherent hazards of electronic distribution and the internet, there may be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in accessing the website. If www.ethicalconsumer.org becomes unavailable for any reason, users can contact ECRA on 0161 226 2929
9. The account owner is responsible for the confidentiality and use of any user name and password and all activity and under the user name and password.
Access to www.ethicalconsumer.org is normally restricted to one PC terminal only. If you require access from multiple terminals, we can normally do this free of charge once a subscription has been set up and the request is reasonable. Please contact us at the usual addresses.
COPYRIGHT & PERMITTED USE
10. The information contained in www.ethicalconsumer.org and in all downloadable PDF files on this website is the property of ECRA and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
ECRA grants to users a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the information in www.ethicalconsumer.org for personal purposes.
Users may therefore:
i) display information retrieved from www.ethicalconsumer.org on the screen of a terminal
ii) print a copy of information retrieved from www.ethicalconsumer.org. Any printouts using or referencing content from www.ethicalconsumer.org shall contain the following copyright notice: “Copyright © Ethical Consumer 2013”, and you may not delete of alter the copyright notice included on any file.
11. Users agree not to reproduce, retransmit, photocopy, distribute, disseminate, sell publish, broadcast or circulate information taken from www.ethicalconsumer.org to any one else without the express prior written consent of ECRA.
Specifically, users may not publish in any form:
a) the text of reports
b) ratings, summaries, tables or analyses of ratings
without the express prior written permission of ECRA.
Users are also expressly prohibited from using or permitting the use of the information to prepare an original database or a comparison to other databases that are sold, rented, published in many manner to a third party.
12. ECRA reserves the right to monitor your use of the service to ensure compliance with this Agreement. If such monitoring indicates that you are not in compliance with this Agreement then ECRA reserves the right to take such action as it deems necessary, including but not limited to, suspension or termination of the account. Systematic access or extraction of content from www.ethicalconsumer.org, including the use of ‘bots’ or ‘spiders’, is prohibited.
13. While ECRA makes reasonable efforts to ensure that there are no substantial inaccuracies or defects in the information comprised within the services or in the software used to make the services available, it makes no representations or warranties expressed or implied including but not limited as to the accuracy, completeness, currentness, non infringement, merchantability, or fitness of the services for any purpose whatsoever.
14. Neither ECRA nor its agents shall be liable to the subscriber or anyone else for any loss or injury caused in whole or in part by its negligence of contingencies beyond its control in procuring, compiling, interpreting, reporting or delivering the information in www.ethicalconsumer.org. In no event will ECRA or its agents be liable to the subscriber or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by the subscriber or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by the subscriber in reliance on such information, or for direct, consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Subscribers and users agree that the liability of ECRA and its agents, if any, arising out of any kind of legal claim in any way connected with the information contained within www.ethicalconsumer.org, shall not exceed the amount the subscriber paid to ECRA for access to the service.
15. Access to the service for a public, academic or commercial library is intended for in-library use only. The subscriber agrees to make reasonable efforts to inform authorised users that they may not systematically reproduce, photocopy, distribute or disseminate information taken from www.ethicalconsumer.org for any commercial purpose.
16. Should the user or subscriber be in breach of any of the conditions contained herein, and having been notified of such breach failed to remedy same ECRA may summarily terminate this agreement without compensation.
18. The subscriber may not assign rights hereunder to a third party without the consent in writing of ECRA.
19. The rights and duties of the parties shall be governed by the laws of England.
20. Notices for the purpose of this Contract may be given by post or email in both cases to the last address notified to the notifying party. The address for notice to ECRA is Ethical Consumer, Unit 21, 41 Old Birley Street, Hulme, Manchester, M15 5RF, UK. By email to email@example.com
© Ethical Consumer 2013