Join thousands of others and become an ethical consumer today.
We are an independent, not-for-profit, multi-stakeholder co-operative with open membership.
At the heart of the ethical consumer movement, since 1989.
We are an independent, not-for-profit, multi-stakeholder co-operative with open membership, based in Manchester.
We provide all the tools and resources you need to make choices at the checkout simple, informed and effective.
Includes guides to: Booksellers, Ethical Online retailers, Delivery Companies
The latest magazine includes guides rating:
- Ethical Online Retailers
- Delivery Companies
- why should we boycott amazon?
- how to shop without using amazon
- labour standards in the gig economy
- new handbook to ethical purchasing
- Special new report on how to Close the Climate Gap
- The campaign to stop funding climate deniers on Facebook
Issue 193 (Nov/Dec 2021) now in print and online.
- Find an ethical delivery company for parcels and restaurants/takeaways, with ratings for 9 parcel/courier companies and 3 food/restaurant delivery companies. We look at workers' rights, environmental reporting, carbon emissions, and suggest some recommended buys.Read more about Delivery companies →
- We are not on track to meet international emissions reduction targets. So what is the gap between where we as consumers are and where we need to be? And what action must we take to address it? Rob Harrison and Josie Wexler introduce a new report from Ethical Consumer to help identify how consumers, governments and companies can work together to help fix the climate crisis.Read more about Climate gap report →
More from Ethical Consumer
In this guide, we investigate, score and rank the ethical and environmental record of 44 high-street brands We also look at the problem with fast-fashion, workers' rights, shine a light on the ethics of Boohoo and Shein, and give some recommended buys.Read more about High Street Clothes Shops
Is there an ethical bank? Rating the ethical and environmental record of 32 UK current accounts, with recommended buys. We also look at app-based banking, which banks own which brands, fossil fuel investments, tax avoidance, and how to switch accounts.Read more about Ethical Bank Accounts
We investigate, score and rank the ethical and environmental record of 18 electricity and gas suppliers. We look at the fuels that generate a supplier's electricity, green tariffs, renewable generation, biogas and 'vegan' energy, smart meters, energy prices and fuel poverty, UK renewables targets and give our recommended buys.Read more about Ethical Energy Suppliers