ECRA is a formally structured as a not-for-profit Industrial and Provident Society and is regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
As such it is a multi-stakeholder co-operative and now has both worker members and investor members.
Both classes of member are involved in decision-making and the election of Directors onto the Board.
The conversion was designed to give ECRA better access to external capital and skills – whilst retaining the not-for-profit and co-operative principles at its core.
ECRA’s conversion to a multistakeholder co-operative was generously supported by a grant made by the Co-operative Fund in 2008.
Because of the principle of open membership, any consumer able to make the minimum investment (currently £200) and who supports the objects of ECRA, can now become a member of the co-operative.
Investor members receive annual interest at our variable rate, currently 3.25%.
Your investment not only earns you money but also helps support one of the world’s most innovative not-for-profit organisations which:
- encourages sustainable behaviour across the corporate sector through market pressure
- empowers individual consumers to take action on issues of concern to them
- leads international discussion and research on the potential of ethical purchasing
The investment money is spent on projects that further the aims of the organisation and through our unique structure as an investor member you get to help shape them.
Other benefits of becoming an Investor Member include:
- earning interest on your investment at our variable rate (currently 3.25%)
- attending, voting and put forwarding motions at our AGM
- nominating candidates for ECRA’s board, voting in elections and standing for election yourself
Investor members must be over the age of 16 years.
Download an application form here [pdf] or call us on 0161 226 2929 for more information
Abbreviated Annual Review 2018 (pdf - 800kb)
Abbreviated Annual Review 2017 (pdf - 811kb)
Abbreviated Annual Review 2016 (pdf - 1,060kb)
Abbreviated Annual Review 2015 (pdf - 512kb)
Abbreviated Annual Review 2014 (pdf - 573kb)
Abbreviated Annual Review 2013 (pdf - 1,080kb)
Older reports are available on request. Call us on 0161 226 2929 for more information