25th October 2019 / 10:00 - 18:00
Amnesty International UK Human Rights Action Centre, 17-25 New Inn Yard, London, EC2A 3EA
The conference will bring together campaigners, consumers, businesses and experts to investigate holistic approaches to the environmental crisis that incorporates human and workers' rights in our urgent move towards a zero-carbon future.
Ethical Consumer Conference 2019 is supported by The Co-operative Bank.
- Rob Harrison - Ethical Consumer Co-Founder - How consumer markets have responded to the climate crisis since Ethical Consumer started 30 years ago.
- Miatta Fahnbulleh - Chief Executive of the New Economics Foundation - on a Green New Deal.
- Caroline Pakel - Extinction Rebellion Political Circle for XR International and the Future Democracy Hub on tactics for change
- Maria Cearns - Managing Director of Current Accounts and Savings, The Co-operative Bank
- Chris Warburton-Brown - Research Director at the Permaculture Association - How businesses can take a permaculture approach to the climate crisis.
- Guy Singh-Watson - Founder of Riverford organic farm and organic vegetable box delivery company.
- Delia McGrath - Journalist and member of SOC-SAT Union - Climate change, migration and workers’ rights in southern Spain.
- Asad Rehman - Director of War on Want - Human rights.
- Jay Tompt - Co-founder of the Totnes REconomy Project and Associate Lecturer in Economics at Plymouth University - De-growth strategies.
- John McNally MP - SNP environmental spokesperson and member of the Parliamentary Environmental Audit Committee.
- Filipa Pimentel - National Hubs Coordinator of Transition Network on a just transition to a low-carbon economy.
Buy Your Ticket
Tickets include a vegan lunch from the Real Junk-Food Project. This year, we're also working with Trash Talk to cut down on waste.